inconsistent results on searches

Joel Black

Oct 3, 2016, 3:39:12 PM10/3/16
to CATS API

We are getting some inconsistent results on searches and we are trying to figure out what is the issue. Does the API search wildcard %java% for example? For example is you search java, it pulls 7 out of 14 results. But is you search Web/Java/Services, seems like it pulls the other results that are missing, because java isn’t a standalone word?

We are only searching active, published, positions, so total there are 14.  Someone had sent an email about it being 300+ on the results and doing pagination, but the query pulls 14 records, so pagination should not be an issue.

Aaron Baluczynski

Oct 3, 2016, 5:34:44 PM10/3/16
to CATS API
Searches for "java" should match "Java" and "Web/Java/Services" but not "JavaScript." A search for "java*" would match all three.

Joel Black

Oct 3, 2016, 5:46:56 PM10/3/16
to CATS API
So when I go here http://bbdg.net/gsquared/search-opportunities/ and search java, I get several results.  But I am missing a few needed results, that when I search Web/Java/Services, I then get the other results.  Any idea why, java is in the other listings but they are in the Web/Java/Services string and not by itself.