Social Media not in Candidate XML response (Api 2)

Frismedia

Jan 25, 2016, 5:55:39 AM1/25/16
to CATS API
Hi,

I'm implementing the new Social Media property of a candidate in my clients website.
I've added the fields for the social media I want on my website and the saving to the candidate's profile in Catsone is working.

When I call the 'get_candidate' method of the API however, the social_media property in the returned Candidate's XML is missing.

How do I retrieve the value for this field?

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 25, 2016, 11:25:14 AM1/25/16
to CATS API
Hi,

The social media field is not available on get_candidate, but it is a column on get_candidates (plural). You can filter by ID, and thus retrieve a single candidate.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

Frismedia

Jan 26, 2016, 4:34:53 AM1/26/16
to CATS API
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

but why is this? Logic tells me it should be the other way around..

Anyway, now I'm trying to get a single candidate with the get_candidates-call using a filter, but I can't seem to get the filter to work.

Can you please give me an example for the filter to use to retrieve only the candidate for the ID I have? Thank you.

Aaron Baluczynski

Jan 26, 2016, 10:51:41 AM1/26/16
to CATS API
You can use the get_columns call to display a list of all column names and applicable filters operators for a data type.

Here's an example:

candidate_id;isexactly;123456

Aaron