Securing the Cassette admin

Ben Powell

May 23, 2012, 11:54:19 AM5/23/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to secure the /_cassette administration page?

I don't want this to be visible to the public.

Regards

Ben

Schabse Laks

May 23, 2012, 12:35:09 PM5/23/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
You can use the <location> element in Web.config to restrict it by role.
--
Schabse Laks

Andrew Davey

May 23, 2012, 12:59:34 PM5/23/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
When debug=false in web.config the /_cassette page should not be accessible. Are you seeing otherwise?

Jimniod

May 25, 2012, 6:01:52 AM5/25/12
to Cassette
I'm still seeing the /_cassette admin page when cassette/compilation
debug are set to false.

I can't see that securing the _cassette path with a <location> node
will work. It would prevent access to the resources served within that
path? /_cassette/scriptbundle/scripts/....
You would then have to allow access in location nodes for the
subdirectories of assets?

Cheers
Jim

James Crowley

May 27, 2012, 2:21:10 PM5/27/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
And conversely, I'm not seeing the /_cassette admin page at all? (I
didn't actually know it existed). Is there anything I need to enable
it? I'm running v2 beta 1. thanks!

Sam Brown

May 29, 2012, 9:21:17 AM5/29/12
to cass...@googlegroups.com
In v2 the diagnostics page is:  /cassette.axd (according to Andrew, I haven't tried v2 yet myself).