Cassandra 1.2 compatibility

Tibor Vermes

Jan 30, 2013, 3:53:05 AM1/30/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I needed to get cassandra-unit working with cassandra 1.2. I took the 1.1.1.3 version and with a small amount of modifications it works (all tests green).
I can share it if anyone needs.

Tibor Vermes

Jan 30, 2013, 4:41:06 AM1/30/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Actually I checked out the 1.1.3-SNAPSHOT version..

Patricio Echagüe

Jan 30, 2013, 3:51:01 PM1/30/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
how about a pull-request? :)

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes cassandra-unit-users.

Jérémy SEVELLEC

Jan 31, 2013, 4:31:16 AM1/31/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tibor,

Yep a pull request seems to be a good idea if you want to share that ;-)

2013/1/30 Patricio Echagüe <patr...@gmail.com>

--
Jérémy

Tibor Vermes

Jan 31, 2013, 5:20:24 AM1/31/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Done, although the changes are not backwards compatible. It also requires java 7 to compile.

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:51:01 PM UTC+2, Patricio Echague wrote:
how about a pull-request? :)

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:53:05 AM UTC+2, Tibor Vermes wrote:
Hi all,

I needed to get cassandra-unit working with cassandra 1.2. I took the 1.1.1.3 version and with a small amount of modifications it works (all tests green).
I can share it if anyone needs.

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes cassandra-unit-users.

Jérémy SEVELLEC

Jan 31, 2013, 5:24:00 AM1/31/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

2013/1/31 Tibor Vermes <mzx...@gmail.com>

Pour plus d'options, visitez le site https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out .

--
Jérémy

Francisco Trujillo Hacha

Jun 5, 2013, 7:12:24 AM6/5/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

After upgrading cassandra to the actual cassandra datastax community edition (1.2.5) cassandra unit doesnt work. My version of cassandra unit is 1.1.2.1 (the last that appear in the maven repository).

Wich version should I use?

Thanks

Jérémy SEVELLEC

Jun 5, 2013, 7:36:52 AM6/5/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It should work.

Can you describe more precisely your problem?

Regards,

Jérémy

2013/6/5 Francisco Trujillo Hacha <francisco.tr...@gmail.com>

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes cassandra-unit-users.

Jérémy

Francisco Trujillo Hacha

Jun 5, 2013, 7:50:47 AM6/5/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
There are two properties that can not find in the Config class and give an error like this:

Caused by: org.yaml.snakeyaml.error.YAMLException: Cannot create property=rpc_timeout_in_ms for JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@614785c3; Unable to find property 'rpc_timeout_in_ms' on class: org.apache.cassandra.config.Config
at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.Constructor$ConstructMapping.constructJavaBean2ndStep(Constructor.java:305)

The properties are:

rpc_timeout_in_ms
hinted_handoff_throttle_delay_in_ms

I check in the cassandra.yaml file from cassandra 1.2 and these properties are not present. I created a cassandra.yaml file fro the test commenting the two properties and the error obviously dissapear, and then I get this:

java.lang.Error:

There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system.
To resolve this issue you may do one of the following:
 - remove or uninstall the offending library
 - set the system property jna.nosys=true
 - set jna.boot.library.path to include the path to the version of the
   jnidispatch library included with the JNA jar file you are using

at com.sun.jna.Native.<clinit>(Native.java:142)
at org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary.<clinit>(CLibrary.java:57)

El miércoles, 30 de enero de 2013 09:53:05 UTC+1, Tibor Vermes escribió:
Hi all,

I needed to get cassandra-unit working with cassandra 1.2. I took the 1.1.1.3 version and with a small amount of modifications it works (all tests green).
I can share it if anyone needs.

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes cassandra-unit-users.

Pour plus d'options, visitez le site https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out .

--
Jérémy

Jérémy SEVELLEC

Jun 7, 2013, 3:24:11 AM6/7/13
to cassandra-...@googlegroups.com
I think there is something wrong in your classpath.

Do you use maven to manage your dependencies?