casperjs interface

Gabe Misura

Jul 15, 2015, 4:56:03 PM7/15/15
to casp...@googlegroups.com
I want to use casperjs as part of my web app, somewhat similar to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/casperjs/7Lps6TiX-78

However, I want to separate my web users from casperjs: one (or more) web servers running my site that my users interact with and one (or more) servers running casperjs.

The user input on the web server(s) will drive the casperjs code.

Short version: What options are there for calling casperjs? I'm currently using cron/bash.
I'm wondering if there's a more "API" way to invoke casperjs?

I've read various posts that it is not possible to put it in node.
And casperjs (or rather phantomjs) have a web server, but not for production purposes.

I also was trying to send email based on the results of the casper code. Again, you couldn't use other node modules so I had to use a return code from casper and have bash call another program to send the email.

How do other people use casperjs in the enterprise? Is it only meant for testing?

Thanks

Gabe Misura

Jul 29, 2015, 12:49:35 AM7/29/15
to CasperJS, gabe....@gmail.com