Running casperJS without the executable

hermeh

Apr 17, 2014, 3:01:49 AM4/17/14
to casp...@googlegroups.com
I want to run phantomJS/casperJS code from the cloud, not locally on my computer. The javascript file holding the casperJS code will be called multiple times, whenever a user requests it to be.

At the moment, in order to run the code and generate a console output, I use the command "casperjs filename.js" in the console, but how can I run this code automatically, without having to manually run it locally.

Basically, how can I run the code to generate an output after scraping a website by itself, without my supervision. I thought there was a way to do this through javascript code itself, but I'm not sure anymore. My question is similar to this unanswered question I found here, in a tutorial about casperJS.

Hi,
I want to understand something,
How exactly are you running this application on Heroku?
I have a casper script that works fine locally, I want to publish it to heroku so I can trigger it via a get/post from another service.
Is this possible?

 Thanks in advance!
-hermeh