What is the plan now PhantomJS is end-of-life?

Keiran Raine

Feb 19, 2018, 8:01:50 AM2/19/18
to CasperJS
Hi,

Now PhantomJS is an end-of-life product what are the plans for CasperJS?

Will CasperJS start to incorporate use of headless Chrome?

Regards,
Keiran

Ken Soh

Mar 17, 2018, 12:14:40 AM3/17/18
to CasperJS
Hi Keiran,

This is unlikely due to the major overhaul needed -

To balance, I guess CasperJS may integrate deeper with Firefox through SlimerJS. You can also try out a framework that I made base on CasperJS that can automate Chrome - http://github.com/tebelorg/TagUI

Keiran Raine

Mar 17, 2018, 1:13:32 PM3/17/18
to casp...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve switched to puppeteer which is great for handling sites with lots of async elements as you can monitor the network activity easily:

https://github.com/GoogleChrome/puppeteer

Regards,

Keiran Raine, M.Sc., MBCS

Principal Bioinformatician

Cancer, Ageing and Somatic Mutation

Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

--
CasperJS homepage & documentation: http://casperjs.org/
CasperJS @github: https://github.com/n1k0/casperjs

-- The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.