casper.cli not correctly passing through numeric value

Craig McEldowney

Apr 12, 2017, 8:39:45 PM4/12/17
to CasperJS
>casperjs t.js 10154917609247437 --videoId=10154917609247437
Casper CLI passed args:
[

10154917609247436
]
Casper CLI passed options:
{

"casper-path": "/usr/local/Cellar/casperjs/1.1.4/libexec",

"cli": true,

"videoId": 10154917609247436
}

> node -v
v6.10.2

>npm -v
3.10.10

Note that specified positional argument and named argument end in 7.

Works fine so far as I can tell with other numbers, so this is some weird edge case.

Running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ken

May 25, 2017, 9:30:47 AM5/25/17
to CasperJS
I think I saw a couple of issues on CasperJS issues page. It may be related to JavaScript definition. There is a numerical limit to how large numbers can be. Not sure in this case trying to pass the argument using raw option would it help? http://docs.casperjs.org/en/latest/cli.html#raw-parameter-values

Craig McEldowney

May 25, 2017, 10:20:53 AM5/25/17
to casp...@googlegroups.com
Ken--
Thanks, that's exactly what it was. Raw param option fixed it for me. Thx.
--
CasperJS homepage & documentation: http://casperjs.org/
CasperJS @github: https://github.com/n1k0/casperjs