Bootstrap Error

Patrick

Feb 25, 2015, 4:35:36 PM2/25/15
to casp...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys! I'm new to CasperJS and I'm trying to get some test scripts to run to no avail. I installed PhantomJS and CasperJS, added them to the PATH so I can run from CMD. I got it to tell me what version it was by running 'casperjs --version'. But it's still throwing errors when I try running scripts. At first it gave this error:

"Unable to open file: ****.js
F:\casperjs\batchbin..\bin\bootstrap.js:340 in initCasperCli"

So I googled that error and came to a file on github that said it was a fix (https://gist.github.com/rdpanek/867fc40e68c3160739e1

Using that file I come up with this error:

"Unable to open file: ****.js
F:\casperjs\batchbin..\bin\bootstrap.js:95 in __die"

I'm not sure where to go from here. I was just trying to run a simple file I coded to see what happens. Here's the code I am trying to use to grab a table from this website:

"var casper = require('casper').create();
    this.echo(this.getHTML('div#application', true));
});"

I want to pull some tables and pictures from this website, and dump them into an Excel file. I've got a bunch of urls to do, so I will have to create an array for them. But, it's been a while since I've done any coding so I'm starting simple with just one url and one table. Too bad I can't even get that to work!

Any help/advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
~Patrick

Eloi Tay

Mar 12, 2015, 11:54:32 PM3/12/15
to casp...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Can you share with me how exactly you installed PhantomJS and CasperJS and what version is it? Where did you put the fix that you get from github? That fix is only useful if you use PhantomJS2 not 1.9. How did you run the script. By right it should be ran by doing casperjs ****.js.

Matthew Noth

Apr 7, 2015, 2:53:15 PM4/7/15
to casp...@googlegroups.com
Any luck on this? I also replaced the bootstrap.js file with the fix on github and am getting the same error message .