Missing commit in Cascading 3.2-wip3?

Piyush Narang

Sep 10, 2016, 7:12:58 PM9/10/16
to cascading-user
hey folks,

While testing out the 3.2-wip3 release with some of our internal Scalding E2E tests, one of jobs seems to be failing with this error:

ERROR: Job failed with exception: union of steps have 1 fewer elements than parent assembly: MapReduceHadoopRuleRegistry, missing: [Each(_pipe_0+_pipe_1)[FlatMapFunction[decl:'mergeError']]] cascading.flow.planner.PlannerException: union of steps have 1 fewer elements than parent assembly: MapReduceHadoopRuleRegistry, missing: [Each(_pipe_0+_pipe_1)[FlatMapFunction[decl:'mergeError']]] at cascading.flow.planner.FlowPlanner.verifyResultInternal(FlowPlanner.java:621) at cascading.flow.planner.FlowPlanner.verifyResult(FlowPlanner.java:560) at cascading.flow.planner.rule.RuleSetExec.execPlannerFor(RuleSetExec.java:163) at cascading.flow.planner.rule.RuleSetExec$3.call(RuleSetExec.java:336) at cascading.flow.planner.rule.RuleSetExec$3.call(RuleSetExec.java:328) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

That seems to be the only commit missed in 3.2-wip3: https://github.com/cwensel/cascading/compare/3.2-wip-3...wip-3.1

As this failure seems to be in the planning phase it fails fast, I see the error even when we try to dump the dot graph. I tried out a test run of the 3.2-wip3 branch + this commit and that seems to have gone through fine. Would it be possible to publish a 3.2 wip with this commit included?

Thanks,
Piyush

Chris K Wensel

Sep 10, 2016, 10:58:14 PM9/10/16
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I haven’t merged the wip 3.1 tree into wip-3.2 yet as we haven’t released the pending maintenance release on wip-3.1. once that’s done I can pull over the 3.1 commits to 3.2..

sounds like I should make that release sooner than later.

Chris K Wensel