Creating tap on s3 with bucket name having underscore "_".

Shivank Garg

Mar 13, 2018, 8:52:58 AM3/13/18
to cascading-user
I am using s3://_my_bucket_name but this is showing error as "Invalid hostname in URI s3://_my_bucket_name". On searching I found that hadoop internal verification sees bucket name with underscores as not valid.  This is a problem with older buckets in s3 that had "_" in there names.
Also when I tried testing with some bucket without "_" it is successfully creating a tap to read from it.

Is there any work around for this?  Need some solution urgently.

Chris K Wensel

Mar 13, 2018, 11:00:47 PM3/13/18
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
If Hadoop doesn’t support buckets with underscored, neither does Cascading, if I’m reading your email right.

ckw