Split class cascading.tap.hadoop.io.MultiInputSplit not found

Pankaj Sinha

Mar 25, 2014, 12:39:48 PM3/25/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I understand that this question has been asked a lot of times, but I was not able to get the things to work even after following the different approaches.

I'm running my jar file from command line and its failing with the error : java.io.IOException: Split class cascading.tap.hadoop.io.MultiInputSplit not found

I thought that this is due to the cascading jar files are not available to the task nodes, therefore tried to run my jar using the command
1) hadoop jar my_jar.jar myClassName -files list of jars which are separated by spaces
2.) hadoop jar my_jar.jar myClassName -libjars list of jars which are separated by comma

3.) it is mostly advised "Try adding something like "cascading.app.appjar.class" = MyClass.class to the job conf. "

I tried to add that in the core-site.xml by specifying the property:

<property>

    <name>cascading.app.appjar.class</name>

    <value>myClassName.class</value>

</property>

but that did not work either, could somebody please advise how to resolve this error ?  Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Pankaj Sinha

Mar 25, 2014, 2:54:55 PM3/25/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I did set the AppProps.setApplicationJarClass earlier but after reading now I've set the AppProps.setApplicationJarPath as well.

I'm not sure why the error is getting popped.

Pankaj Sinha

Mar 25, 2014, 5:54:30 PM3/25/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
i have multiple jar files for cascading, but the AppProps.setApplicationJarPath can take only one Path.

Can somebody please suggest how to put all the cascading jar files in order to avoid the class not found exception ?

Thanks.

Chris K Wensel

Mar 25, 2014, 6:12:01 PM3/25/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Cascading does not overcome the need to properly package your Hadoop Job Jar, which is well documented on the Hadoop site.

some pointers are there though..

Pankaj Sinha

Mar 28, 2014, 7:31:54 PM3/28/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris,
I was able to sort this issue by creating one combined jar file for Cascading and putting its path in the properties (SetApllicationJarPath)

sam...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:55:44 AM9/30/15
to cascading-user, psi...@sessionm.com
hi Pankaj,

Is it something you are creating fat jar with all dependencies. May i know the POM configuration that u used.I am also facing the same issue. It works fine for me when i copy dependencies to my build directory

thank you