cascadeException error

tommy chheng

Aug 14, 2010, 2:38:46 PM8/14/10
to cascading-user
I recently added a debug flow to my cascading(1.1.1)/bixo application.
This flow is ran after the crawling flow and is connected using
CascadeConnector.

When i ran it on a same url set(<10) for testing, the whole
application runs successfully.

When I run it on a larger url set of >1K urls, i run into the
exception below.
Is this a bug? I noticed in a previous post about a similar issue but
using a template tap, but i'm using a Hfs tap.

cascading.cascade.CascadeException: flow failed: Debug Stats Flow
at cascading.cascade.Cascade$CascadeJob.call(Cascade.java:508)
at cascading.cascade.Cascade$CascadeJob.call(Cascade.java:449)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: cascading.flow.FlowException: step failed:
(1/1) ...aylife', 'published_at']]"]["src/test/resources/output/
debug_page_stats"]"]
at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.blockOnJob(FlowStepJob.java:173)
at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.start(FlowStepJob.java:138)
at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.call(FlowStepJob.java:127)
at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.call(FlowStepJob.java:39)

Ken Krugler

Aug 14, 2010, 2:47:40 PM8/14/10
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com

On Aug 14, 2010, at 11:38am, tommy chheng wrote:

> I recently added a debug flow to my cascading(1.1.1)/bixo application.
> This flow is ran after the crawling flow and is connected using
> CascadeConnector.
>
> When i ran it on a same url set(<10) for testing, the whole
> application runs successfully.
>
> When I run it on a larger url set of >1K urls, i run into the
> exception below.
> Is this a bug? I noticed in a previous post about a similar issue but
> using a template tap, but i'm using a Hfs tap.

This looks like the output at the very end of the failed flow.

Usually if you grep the log file, you'll see an earlier exception
that's the actual root cause for the flow to fail.

-- Ken

> cascading.cascade.CascadeException: flow failed: Debug Stats Flow
> at cascading.cascade.Cascade$CascadeJob.call(Cascade.java:508)
> at cascading.cascade.Cascade$CascadeJob.call(Cascade.java:449)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
> $Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
> $Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> Caused by: cascading.flow.FlowException: step failed:
> (1/1) ...aylife', 'published_at']]"]["src/test/resources/output/
> debug_page_stats"]"]
> at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.blockOnJob(FlowStepJob.java:173)
> at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.start(FlowStepJob.java:138)
> at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.call(FlowStepJob.java:127)
> at cascading.flow.FlowStepJob.call(FlowStepJob.java:39)
>

> --
> .

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378