[Scalding] Interest in BigQuery source/tap contribution?

jeffo

Apr 17, 2018, 6:11:51 AM4/17/18
to cascading-user
Last year at Tapad we developed a BigQuerySource abstraction to read from and write to BigQuery tables directly from Scalding. It handles reading from tables, partitions, view, queries (both standard and legacy SQL) and can write back to partitioned or un-partitioned tables.

If there is interest from the community, we'd like to submit this back upstream as a contribution to Scalding.

Thanks,
Jeff

Chris K Wensel

Apr 18, 2018, 10:56:43 PM4/18/18
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
If it can be used as a standalone Java Tap/Scheme, it would be great to see it published as a github project, with a jenkins build, and published to conjars.

ckw