Janino -- get reference to tuple

Eric Fulton

Apr 13, 2015, 2:21:46 PM4/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a reference to the tuple that's being used as the current context?
Since we use $0 to access element 0, i guess this would be something like $ that would return the entire tuple, rather than just the first element.

Maybe it's not possible, but I figured I'd consult the groups before I abandon the possibility.

Chris K Wensel

Apr 13, 2015, 2:46:15 PM4/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Why do you need the entire Tuple?

ckw

Chris K Wensel

Eric Fulton

Apr 13, 2015, 2:51:51 PM4/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Before constructing a pipeline, we are translating our javascript based expressions to janino expressions.
We have several custom functions for our in house javascript-based expression language, one of which makes use of the entire document/tuple.
We have a workaround for the issue, but I was just curious if it was at all possible for the sake of consistency on our end.

-Eric

Chris K Wensel

Apr 13, 2015, 2:57:31 PM4/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Why not just construct a Function to execute javascript?

There isn’t a way to pass the whole Tuple class to the script, you will need to write a custom Operation for that.

Chris K Wensel

Eric Fulton

Apr 13, 2015, 4:06:16 PM4/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I'll have to investigate javascript execution as an alternative.  Thanks for the help!