Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. Could not find the main class

Rahul Paul

Jul 19, 2012, 7:33:16 AM7/19/12
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I have written an application for cascading 1.2.6 version, it works perfectly well in my local hadoop environment both in standalone and cluster mode.
But when I try to run the same on the production hadoop cluster - the mapred job fails in the setup stage itself, I see the following error in the job tracker UI

java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 1.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:418)

I looked into the hadoop job logs and it contains the following error.

Could not find the main class:
.  Program will exit.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on.

Thanks
Rahul

Rahul Paul

Jul 19, 2012, 10:34:44 AM7/19/12
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore this.

This was caused by a hadoop configuration issue.

Thanks
Rahul