gzipped input into Scalding job

George Blazer

May 13, 2015, 10:12:12 PM5/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Is there any way to feed a gzipped Tsv or Textline file into a Scalding job.

If so, can you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Oscar Boykin

May 14, 2015, 12:02:32 AM5/14/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
We don't use gzipped sources, but I think I suggested to someone else on to just try it and it works since Hadoop supports it. Did you try it and have it fail? If so, send your complete code and exception/failure reports.

Oscar Boykin :: @posco :: http://twitter.com/posco

Sanchit Grover

Jun 29, 2015, 12:52:35 PM6/29/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
It works as it is, you don't need to make any changes in your code. Just give the .gzip input to Textline function as you give a normal tsv to it.

Jeff T

Jul 13, 2015, 6:35:42 PM7/13/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
we have all gzipped sources and this is what we use

hadoop jar ./your.jar com.twitter.scalding.Tool -Dio.compression.codecs=org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec yourClass