impatient.jar data files are being treated as class names

Chris Walker

Apr 17, 2015, 3:05:38 PM4/17/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying the impatient tutorial at http://docs.cascading.org/impatient/impatient1.html on my Mac machine.

I did:

brew install hadoop
mkdir cascading
cd cascading/
cd Impatient/
gradle clean jar
hadoop jar ./build/libs/impatient.jar data/country_codes.tsv output/country_codes

I get the following error for the last command:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: //data/country_codes/txt
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:214)

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Chris

Sam Ritchie

Apr 17, 2015, 3:07:47 PM4/17/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, if you don't set a main class on your jar then you'll need to supply a class name as "hadoop jar"'s first argument.

April 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Sam Ritchie (@sritchie)

Chris Walker

Apr 17, 2015, 3:40:44 PM4/17/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, turns out I was doing this in the top level directory. I had to first do:
cd part1

When I then build and run hadoop jar, it works fine.