moving average calculation -- cascading

oruchovets

Nov 4, 2013, 6:45:00 AM11/4/13
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All ,
   I need to moving average using cascading.

in case there is data input and moving average window size is 3 I need to take averages of :
1 2 3 5 6 3 2 5 7 3 6 5
so in case of widow size 3 the buckets which I need to calculate are the following:
(1 2 3) , (2 3 5) , (3 5 6) , (5 6 3) , (6 3 2) , (3 2 5) , (2 5 7) , (5 7 3) , (7 3 6) , (3 6 5)

I  plan  to use cascading Aggregator ( or  Buffer ) with RingBuffer.
My question is what is the internal implementation in execution time?
Suppose I have huge amount of data , but in order to calculate moving averages I need to have only 3 values at the same time. Does Buffer / Aggregator provide ability to process data using small buckets or it will required to hold all data in memory?

Thanks
Oleg.

roy habib

Aug 1, 2017, 6:08:55 AM8/1/17
to cascading-user
hi, do you have this working now? we need to implement the same logic for some moving averages we are calculating.
do you have any idea or guidelines?

thanks
roy