name of a pipe

cvk

Apr 15, 2014, 9:38:12 PM4/15/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
What are the practical uses of assigning a name to a pipe in scalding? I am new to Scalding and was wondering if that could be used to track the jobs on the JobTracker UI.

CCI

May 2, 2014, 6:01:06 PM5/2/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
See my question "Why can't it print the intermediate CoGroup"  for a real user case.

Oscar Boykin

May 3, 2014, 2:25:59 PM5/3/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
Users almost never need to do this, but it does show up in some of the log output.

Pipe naming is something one needs to worry about in cascading, but it almost never is an issue in scalding (in fact, if you need to care about this, it is a bug. Please report an issue and a test case).

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM, cvk <cvkrish...@gmail.com> wrote:
What are the practical uses of assigning a name to a pipe in scalding? I am new to Scalding and was wondering if that could be used to track the jobs on the JobTracker UI.

Oscar Boykin :: @posco :: http://twitter.com/posco

Chris K Wensel

May 3, 2014, 2:49:50 PM5/3/14
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
fwiw, in Driven, you can see the dag layout of your pipes and how they are mapped to MR jobs along with the corresponding job tracker url for that job.

ckw