HBaseTap fails to cleanup due to hadoop Path throwing an exception on supplied URI

seth

Jan 28, 2010, 4:38:35 PM1/28/10
to cascading-user
When a cascade is tearing down with a sink HBaseTap, I'm seeing this:

Exception in thread "flow myStream"
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.URISyntaxException:
Relative path in absolute URI: hbase:my_table
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.initialize(Path.java:140)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:126)
at cascading.hbase.HBaseTap.getPath(Unknown Source)
at cascading.tap.hadoop.Hadoop18TapUtil.cleanupTap
(Hadoop18TapUtil.java:166)
at cascading.flow.FlowStep.cleanTap(FlowStep.java:376)
at cascading.flow.FlowStep.clean(FlowStep.java:361)
at cascading.flow.Flow.cleanTemporaryFiles(Flow.java:1052)
at cascading.flow.Flow.run(Flow.java:884)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Relative path in absolute URI:
hbase:my_table
at java.net.URI.checkPath(URI.java:1787)
at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:735)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.initialize(Path.java:137)
... 8 more
cascading.flow.FlowException: unhandled exception
at cascading.flow.Flow.complete(Flow.java:652)

I'm not sure why.... my guess is that Path class is using URI in some
way that requires the URI be absolute.
I'm very new to Cascading. I'm not sure it's actually cause for
concern or not...

Chris K Wensel

Jan 28, 2010, 6:58:34 PM1/28/10
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
You might try one of the other branches or forks of the cascading.hbase tap. hbase-0.20 has lots of fixes.

ckw

> --

Chris K Wensel
ch...@concurrentinc.com
http://www.concurrentinc.com

Nick Dimiduk

Jan 29, 2010, 3:48:42 AM1/29/10
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I saw the very same behavior. I was using hbase-0.20 with cascading.hbase/master. As Chris says, using the hbase-0.20 branch and all is well.

-Nick

seth

Jan 29, 2010, 11:55:24 AM1/29/10
to cascading-user
Chris, Nick--thanks. I didn't even think to check the branches.

After updating to the hbase.20 branch, the error is gone.

Again, thanks guys.