Identifying last tuple in User Defined Operation

abhishek korpe

Aug 12, 2016, 11:38:39 AM8/12/16
to cascading-user
Hello,

I wanted to identify the last tuple in a User Define Operation (Especially Function). Currently I am unable to achieve this. So to achieve this functionality where do I need to make changes in source code?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Abhishek Korpe

Andre Kelpe

Aug 12, 2016, 11:46:52 AM8/12/16
to cascading-user
There is no global "last" tuple in your flow. The work is distributed
and multiple instances of the same function are running at the same
time in different JVMs.

If you just want to keep the last tuple in every function instance,
you could make the tuple a field that you overwrite in the Function
and then you overwrite the flush or cleanup method do do the thing you
want to do to the tuple.

- André
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cascading-user/174d2aba-453c-44eb-92da-68311c5a6862%40googlegroups.com.