Tez

Ron Gonzalez

May 20, 2016, 7:54:50 PM5/20/16
to cascading-user
Hi,
  Is Cascading 3.0.1 certified against Tez 0.8.3? We've been using 0.6.2, but we're running into really slow reduce times, which I read is fixed in Tez 0.8.x...

Thanks,
Ron

Chris K Wensel

May 22, 2016, 6:29:41 PM5/22/16
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
The are the versions we have tested on

Feel free to change the version and run the tests, or test on a cluster, and report back.

ckw

Chris K Wensel

Andre Kelpe

May 23, 2016, 5:30:19 AM5/23/16
to cascading-user

Please also use at least 3.0.4, since 3.0.1 contains some planner bugs.

That aside, just download cascading.compat, create a new sub-project with the hadoop and tez versions you want to test and run it:

https://github.com/Cascading/cascading.compatibility/tree/3.0

The README explains the process in more detail.

- André

Chris K Wensel

May 23, 2016, 12:34:33 PM5/23/16
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com