Alternatives to Driven?

ckar...@homeaway.com

Jul 28, 2017, 8:13:20 AM7/28/17
to cascading-user
Hi,
My team has used Driven in the past to help us monitor and identify performance issues with our Cascading flows.  It's been an awesome tool.

However, our license expired a few months ago and we've been having trouble getting in touch with anyone at Driven to renew our license.  We suspect that the radio silence has something to do with the recent acquisition by Xplenty.

Does anyone know anything about the future of Driven?  Are there any alternatives out there?  We're looking for something that can help us identify map/reduce bottlenecks and point to the specific lines of code where those bottlenecks occur.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris K Wensel

Jul 28, 2017, 12:47:15 PM7/28/17
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
If you can contact me directly, I can forward you to the team at Xplenty. I am surprised they haven’t responded.

chris

epue...@rebelai.com

Jul 30, 2017, 2:14:46 PM7/30/17
to cascading-user
Chris, Is the free online version still available? Otherwise, we will be a license as well.

Chris K Wensel

Jul 30, 2017, 4:28:10 PM7/30/17
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
if you can contact me directly, I can forward you to the team at xplenty. I don’t have any information I can comment on.

chris

ckar...@homeaway.com

Aug 4, 2017, 7:59:23 AM8/4/17
to cascading-user
Thanks for the information, Chris.

If anyone at Xplenty is watching this list - is there any chance you'd consider open sourcing Driven so that it can be further maintained by the community?  It's an extremely valuable tool that's helped us diagnose performance issues quite a few times.

Thanks,
Chris

Seth Hodgson

Aug 4, 2017, 12:54:25 PM8/4/17
to cascading-user
Also a Cascading user, and missing Driven. I'm very interested in Xplenty chiming in on whether open sourcing Driven could become a reality?

Best,
Seth

duob...@homeaway.com

Aug 4, 2017, 3:48:55 PM8/4/17
to cascading-user
+1 on open sourcing Driven.  Is there any other way to debug performance on a Cascading app?  The fact that you could directly tie long-running operations to line numbers in the code is killer.  Even a manual approach to get to the same would help me out.