Paruqet File on Hive

Jul 23, 2015, 4:30:22 PM7/23/15
to cascading-user
Has anyone worked with parquet files on hive using cascading? I've been trying to work with the cascading-hive and cascading-parquet extensions together but I've been having trouble figuring out how it should work. Does anyone have any advice or know of any projects that would help me figure it out? Right now I'm just trying to set up a dataflow with a source tap from a parquet table on hive which just writes the data to another parquet table on hive.

Andre Kelpe

Jul 23, 2015, 4:33:58 PM7/23/15
to cascadi...@googlegroups.com
I believe that CommBank uses cascading-hive with parquet: https://github.com/CommBank/ebenezer/

- André

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:30 PM, M <matthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone worked with parquet files on hive using cascading? I've been trying to work with the cascading-hive and cascading-parquet extensions together but I've been having trouble figuring out how it should work. Does anyone have any advice or know of any projects that would help me figure it out? Right now I'm just trying to set up a dataflow with a source tap from a parquet table on hive which just writes the data to another parquet table on hive.

Jul 24, 2015, 10:39:47 AM7/24/15
to cascading-user, ake...@concurrentinc.com
Thanks, I'll give that a try. This may have an obvious answer that I'm just missing but how do I include a project like that into my own project? Is it just a dependency or do I have to copy the whole ParquetTupleScheme.java file into my own project? Thanks!
Message has been deleted

jlief...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2015, 8:36:52 AM7/28/15
to cascading-user, matthe...@gmail.com
Has anyone been able to use CommBank in their own project? I want to use it in my project but don't know how to include it. I'm using gradle.