Deep link to vehicle in official Car2Go app

Anton Legoo

Jan 20, 2014, 3:09:47 PM1/20/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm adding C2G locations to my app, but don't want to handle booking reservations. Does anyone know of a way to link directly to a free vehicle in the official Car2Go app or website?

Bernd Binder

Feb 9, 2014, 10:34:09 AM2/9/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly what i also would like to know!

@Anton: Did you find a solution?
@c2g: since 3 weeks no reply?
Message has been deleted

mathias.goeppel

Feb 10, 2014, 4:40:45 AM2/10/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

there is no such thing as deep links into car2go website or app. The only way is to implement the protected OpenAPI functions to do the reservations and cancellations.

@Bernd: Do not know how it came that your posts have been deleted. I didn't do that.

Regards - mathias goeppel

Bernd Binder

Feb 10, 2014, 4:51:18 AM2/10/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathias,
I have no idea why they have been deleted yesterday.

About the DeepLinks: This is very sad.
As i think about the "normal" user, he can't see that its not my App he is giving his userdata and might be afraid to enter them in my app.
As people get more and more afraid about collecting data on 3rd party side, it would be great to have another solution so that the official car2go-App can be used as "secure backend" for just making a reservation i.e. (i would be just interested to assign a reservation).

This behaviour could be realized in your official App quiet easy using deeplinks just transporting the car-id from my app to yours.

Probably you can think about it for future releases.
Best Regards,

Bernd

Bernd Binder

Feb 10, 2014, 4:54:02 AM2/10/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
... and again it appears "Diese Nachricht wurde gelöscht."

Sumit Kumar

Feb 28, 2014, 6:57:50 AM2/28/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
i would also love deep links as i struggle a lot with OAuth for a web-app.

mathias.goeppel

Jun 24, 2015, 8:10:52 AM6/24/15
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com, sumit...@outlook.com
Hi,

we support deep links now for Android and iOS.

Regards - mat