noob question (app secret)

Matteo Parmi

Apr 17, 2014, 5:10:45 AM4/17/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the noob question but I received only the app key from car2go OpenAPI.
I worked with other oauth providers and I always use app key and app secret.

Can I use the car2go api with only the app key?

Thank

Teo

mathias...@daimler.com

Apr 17, 2014, 7:40:46 AM4/17/14
to m.p...@gmail.com, car2go-...@googlegroups.com
Hej Teo,

the consumer key can be used to access all public endpoints. In order to access the protected ones you need a secret as well. In that case you need to apply for the secret giving us some details about the functionalities of your app, if users are charged, etc.

Regards - mat