AW: New International Rules

mathias...@daimler.com

May 20, 2014, 5:37:54 AM5/20/14
to mcwil...@gmail.com, car2go-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

the problem in integrating the acceptance of local T&C in 3rd party apps is that it is very hard to guarantee that the 3rd party app really shows the T&C. The only way would be to bind this to the authorization screen which we would need in different versions which would imply that we need to differentiate between different legal entities with local terms. As it is not very easy to handle the whole process and design the interfaces the right way we did not plan to implement this functionality. If you got any good idea on how we are able to guarantee that the local T&C are shown to the user (without a manual review process of the apps using our OpenAPI) please let me know!

The issue is not a blocker at all as customer are able to reserve cars using our web-interface once in order to accept the local terms. That is, whenever a customer wants to use car2go in a legal entity where he has not accepted the local T&C before he needs to trigger one reservation using our web portal in advance. After that your Windows Phone application will work in the legal entity in question as before.

Regards - mat

May 21, 2014, 2:33:32 AM5/21/14
to car2go-...@googlegroups.com

Dear car2go,

Booking a car and confirming having read T&C are two different things. The way you implement it in your official app seems artificial to me – it also spoils the button to a great degree, and the advice you give to users of third party-apps leads to reservations without a real need, possibly frustrating real users wanting to reserve or use a vehicle that was reserved for the wrong reasons.

If you cannot offer the acceptance in your API, which I understand, you might consider splitting the functionality between booking and accepting T&C for a country, and move the latter to the “myAccount” part of the car2go-site.

Kind regards,

Nico Witteman