Are we watching this?

Forest

Sep 16, 2013, 6:32:13 PM9/16/13
to car...@googlegroups.com
This may come to nothing but it is said on RPG.net this guy was a gamer I hope I am just being overly cautious. We don't need another RPG's are to blame for everything bad episode.

smat...@nc.rr.com

Sep 17, 2013, 9:31:02 AM9/17/13
to Forest, car...@googlegroups.com
In my humble opinion, completely ignore anything that is claimed within the first few days of an incident like this as even the news sources often get it wrong in their rush to get out something nobody else knows yet and it is extremely unlikely that anyone else is going to really know anything of interest so soon, but a lot of people like to CLAIM they know something.

If the rumor is still around next week, then it might have teeth.  Otherwise, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Rick

Mike "Talien" Tresca

Sep 17, 2013, 8:50:39 PM9/17/13
to car...@googlegroups.com
Evidence that he's a gamer:

We played D&D together. He tended to run the game. What was he like? He tended to play like a 'rules lawyer'. He knew and played all the rules and had everything committed to memory. Why do I mention this? He was a quiet and quite introverted life. He spent a long time thinking about things, thinking about things. What do I know about him? He was unhappy. He is gay and obese and not extremely good looking. I remember one time he had returned from a multi-hundred mile trip to find a date, only to be stood up. He also halfheartedly propositioned a few people from our game, including my teenage son. My son easily deflected the advance and that was it. We all knew that Geoff was lonely and Geoff never did anything more than talk. He never did anything more than talk! He never talked about S&M or bondage. Given what I knew about Geoff, I would not be surprised if he was into that scene, but S&M is not against the law.

I plan to get ahead of this before it turns into a gamer witch hunt.