LARP activity for autism spectrum toddlers.

1 view

Hawke Robinson

Feb 21, 2014, 11:01:34 PM2/21/14
to car...@googlegroups.com
Creating LARP Activity Therapeutic Recreation Program for Autistic Toddlers -
http://rpgresearch.com/blog/creating-larp-program-for-autistic-toddlers

Due to excessively strict NDA of the organization we are doing this with, I am
very limited in the details that I can post, but letting those following the
RPG Research project efforts know what I'm allowed to share.

We are beginning working with autism-spectrum toddlers today from a recreation
therapy approach, in the final stages of developing an activity program that is
LARP (Live-Action Role-Playing) quest-style for this population group, that we
will actually implement in the next few weeks.

We are creating a TON of recreation therapy industry standard documentation
for this process. Hopefully I can get permission down the road to discuss in
much more detail.

After it is over, hopefully I can release a "sanitized" version of the LARP
portion of the detailed documentation of the program to the public (not the
organization's program, but the program that I, and 2 others collaborated to
create as part of our class project in Recreation Therapy Program Planning).

I am really excited to finally be testing application of some of the hypotheses
I've been talking about for years to a real-life group. :-)

Hope this was of interest to others here as well.

--
-Hawke Robinson
Role-playing gamer since 1979.

The RPG Research Project
http://www.rpgresearch.com
(509) 252-0800
Office and Postal Address
1312 N. Monroe Suite 114
Spokane, WA
99218

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rpgresearch
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpgresearch
Skype: dev2devportal

Mission: Clearly establish through rigorous scientific
testing the causal therapeutic and educational effects
of all forms of role-playing gaming on participants.