[TV commercial] ridiculing LARPs {an item for the next newsletter}

Ted Skirvin

Jul 24, 2017, 4:44:30 PM7/24/17
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games

A couple days a go I saw a little bit of a commercial. The TV was muted at the time. It showed some people doing a fantasy-based LARP in costumes. There was text that said "bad fantasy" superimposed over the screen. Then, there was a shot of one of the LARPers going off to the side, sitting down and using his smartphone to play fantasy sports. The phrase "good fantasy" was superimposed.

I don't know if it was ESPN or some other sports channel but I'm sure it was a sports channel.

Just another example of the jocks making fun of the geeks.

Mike "Talien" Tresca

Jul 25, 2017, 3:33:49 PM7/25/17
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games
Just saw this Ted, great timing!

So mad about this that I'm writing an article right now!

Mike