Speaking on 3+ panels at WorldCon 73, and Poster Presentation

Hawke Robinson

Aug 6, 2015, 4:07:18 AM8/6/15
to car...@googlegroups.com
In case you are going to be at WorldCon 73, please come by and say
"hi"! I will be on 3+ panels, a poster presentation, and running some
AL games. Would love to meet you. Two different groups ("Science
Saturday" and "WorldCon Gaming") requested my participation in WorldCon
73 (Sasquan) so as per request here is my short bio and schedule from
August 19th to 23rd. I hope to see some of you there. Happy Gaming!
http://www.sasquan.org

Also listed as W.A. Hawkes-Robinson.

Please donate to the Wheelchair Friendly Role-Playing Gaming Trailer
today: http://www.gofundme.com/rpgtrailer

Please help spread the word.

Gaming Background

Role-playing gamer since 1979. Game Master since 1984. Founder of the
Eä Tolkien Society, Tolkien Moot, Other Minds Magazine, Middle-earth
Talk Show, & Eä RPG. Founder of RPG Research & RPG Therapeutics LLC,
studies on the therapeutic & educational effects of all forms of
role-playing games (tabletop, live-action & computer-based).

Favorite Game Systems/Games/Settings

Middle-earth (any system). Prefer detailed systems that do not
interfere with role-playing.

Preferred Gaming Style

Prefer ROLE-playing over ROLL-playing but do not like overly abstracted
RPG systems.

WorldCon Schedule

Panel/Discussion: Gaming for Therapy, Gaming for Education, with
John Welker. Wednesday 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm. 303A (CC) -
https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/sasquan/en/items/303/Gaming%20for%20Therapy%2C%20Gaming%20for%20Education .

Dungeon Master: 5th Edition D&D Adventurer's League, Elemental Evil
Campaign: Cloaks & Shadows module DDEX2-10. Thursday 8:00 am to
Noon. Main Gaming Area ___, Table #__.
http://www.spokanerpg.com/worldcon

Panel: The Game Designer's Toolbox, with Ken Burnside, John Welker,
Alan Stewart, & Ari Goldstein. Thursday, Noon to 12:45 pm. 303A
(CC) -
https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/sasquan/en/items/299/The%20Game%20Designer%27s%20Toolbox .

Panel: Game Mastering 101, with Brian Campbell, Annie Bellet, &
John Welker. Friday, 5:00 pm to 5:45 pm. 303A (CC) -
https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/sasquan/en/items/302/Game%20Mastering%20101 .

Co-Facilitator for Games for Children Program. Friday, 7:00 pm to
9:30 pm. 206 BCD -
https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/sasquan/en/items/1266/Games%20for%20Children%27s%20Program .

Presenting for RPG Research at the Super Science Saturday Poster
Competition. Event Hall C. Saturday Noon to 2:00 pm.
http://www.rpgresearch.com/poster-presentation

Dungeon Master: 5th Edition D&D Adventurer's League, Either
Elemental Evil Campaign: Cloaks & Shadows module DDEX2-10, or
DDEX3-1 Adventure. Sunday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Main Gaming Area ___,
Table #__. http://www.spokanerpg.com/worldcon

Survey on Role-playing game Experiences in the gaming communities
(tabletop, live-action (LARP), and computer-based) (throughout all 5
days).

Additional information

Registered Recreational Therapist for Washington State Department of
Health -

Nearing completion of Interdisciplinary Bachelors in Recreation
Therapy, Music Therapy, Neuroscience, & Research Psychology at Eastern
Washington University.

http://rpgresearch.com/staff/hawke-robinson

Forest

Aug 9, 2015, 11:45:32 AM8/9/15
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games
Waiting for next months check but I want to put money toward the trailer. I think it is a great idea.