Using RPG for Autism Spectrum another step further along

Hawke Robinson

Aug 26, 2014, 2:07:07 AM8/26/14
to car...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

A little further along in the program plan to use role-playing gaming from a
recreation therapy perspective for autism spectrum participants.

Using Role-Playing Games for Autism Spectrum Participants - Excerpts from
program plan: http://rpgresearch.com/blog/using-role-playing-games-for-autism-spectrum-participants

Earlier today I sent to the program head of the autism-spectrum group, the
latest draft of a recreation therapy-related activity program plan using role-
playing gaming to prepare for and utilize the Tacoma/Seattle Bus system for
Autism spectrum participants using tabletop RPG for phase I, and then Live-
action role-playing (LARP) (actually using the buses) for the final phase II.

Hoping some day will be able to schedule the actual implementation. They are
scheduled about 9 months in advance, but they indicated interest in getting
the RPG program on their roster. I met with 6 of them (and their parents) the
other week, providing an opportunity to meet and greet, and provide a high-
level overview of the program plan.

Will provide additional updates when available.
Happy Gaming!
--
-Hawke Robinson

The RPG Research Project
http://www.rpgresearch.com
Office: (509) 252-0800
Cell: (509) 481-5437 (text okay)
Office and Postal Address
1312 N. Monroe Suite #114
Spokane, WA, USA
99218

Working on interdisciplinary degrees in recreation therapy, music therapy,
neuroscience, and clinical & experimental psychology, at Eastern Washington
University.
WSTRA (Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association) member.
ATRA (American Therapeutic Association) member.
Retired computer scientist, AS/CS, SANS GIAC GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I, SCSAp1, CNA.
Role-playing gamer since 1979

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rpgresearch
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpgresearch
Skype: dev2devportal
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Rpgresearch
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/rpgresearch/
Tumblr: http://rpgresearch.tumblr.com/

MISSION

1) To clearly establish, through rigorous scientific testing, the therapeutic
and educational effects of role-playing gaming on participants. To determine
the potential relevance of correlated factors, the primary focus will be
contributing to the body of causal research information.

2) Based on established research, using relevant evidence-based and theory-
based approaches to design, develop and implement intervention programs using
various forms of role-playing games (tabletop, live-action (LARP), and
computer-based) as a therapeutic and/or educational modality.