for the newsletter agora section

1 view

Ted Skirvin

Sep 13, 2013, 10:53:46 PM9/13/13
to car...@googlegroups.com

My wife and I recently took a vacation to San Francisco. While there I stopped at a store called Gamescape. They had a good board and card game selection. I would describe their RPG selection as adequate but not impressive. They had a game space in the store. There was a lot of board gaming and card gaming going on. There was one game of Pathfinder and no other RPGs taking place.

If you visit some other area away from your home then please try to stop by a game store and see what it is like. Then, tell us a little bit about it in the Agora section. It may be that brick-and-mortar stores are not as popular as they once were but they are still important to the RPG community. Those stores that have a game space provide a good place to meet new players and promote the hobby. It would be a good idea for us to keep abreast of what is happening in such stores.