Upcoming convention attendance schedule

1 view

Hawke Robinson

Dec 3, 2015, 5:40:44 AM12/3/15
to car...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

The Newsletter asked to post our upcoming convention
schedule. I didn't know that was desired, I would have done so
all these years prior if I had known, sorry I missed that previously.

This year, already attended:
April 2015 - Seattle Children's Hospital, Washington State Therapeutic
Recreation Association 16th Annual Conference. This is related, because
I presented on "The Therapeutic & Educational Uses of Role-Playing Games
as Intervention Modalities for Individuals and Groups from the
Therapeutic Recreation Perspective.
Video of presentation here (I think I posted that link back in April).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWsmElmhjdk

July 16th, 17th, & 18th - Tolkien Moot XI - http://tolkienmoot.org

August 19-23 - WorldCon. Spoke on 3 panels, presented RPG Research
poster on RPGday" for "Super Science Saturday", ran games.

Here is a single page with videos, audio, poster, interviews,
presentations, with all relevant links in one location:
http://rpgresearch.com/blog/amalgamation-of-panels-q-a-interviews-presentations-on-rpg-for-therapy-education

Scheduled for 2016:
January 2016 - Northwest American Therapeutic Recreation Association,
Portland, OR. Presentation on Innovative Therapies: Using Role-Playing
Games as Intervention Modalities to Achieve Therapeutic & Educational
Goals for Individuals & Groups from the Therapeutic Recreation
Perspective

May 2016 - Living Games Conference and Texas State University
Pre-conference
Speaking on panels and presentations.
http://www.livinggamesconference.com/

Hope that is helpful. I will continue reading the newsletter, and
respond within context as requested.

I promised my fiance I will not attend more than 4 out-of-area
events per year, so turned down half a dozen other invitations this
year for 2016, otherwise I wouldn't be able to say know, and there would
be far more. :-)

Happy Gaming!
--
-Hawke Robinson

Please Donate to the Wheelchair Friendly RPG Trailer Today:
http://gofundme.com/rpgtrailer

Washington State Registered Recreation Therapist.
(Not yet CTRS).
Mental Health USA First Aid Certified - MHFAC.
American Therapeutic Recreation Association Member (ATRA)
atra-online.com Washington State Therapeutic Recreation Association
Member (WSTRA) wstra.org

The RPG Research Project
http://www.rpgresearch.com
Office Voicemail: (509) 252-0800
Cell/Text: (509) 481-5437
Office and Postal Address
1312 N. Monroe Suite #114
Spokane, WA, USA
99218

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rpgresearch
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpgresearch
Skype: dev2devportal
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Rpgresearch
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/rpgresearch/
Tumblr: http://rpgresearch.tumblr.com/

MISSION

1) To clearly establish, through rigorous scientific testing, the
therapeutic and educational effects of all forms of role-playing gaming
(tabletop, live-action, & computer-based) on participants. In addition
to determining the potential relevance of correlated factors,
significant emphasis is focused contributing to the body of causal
research information.

2) Based on established research, using relevant evidence-based and
theory-based approaches, design, develop, and implement intervention
programs using various forms of role-playing games as a therapeutic
and/or educational modality.

Hawke Robinson

Dec 4, 2015, 4:33:52 PM12/4/15
to car...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for not including the additional information detail.
Below in context is additional information on more specific dates,
locations, and contact email (where available).

Also an additional one I forgot to add: "Save Against Fear".
The Bodhana Group's "Save Against Fear" annual convention, "a 3 day
tabletop gaming convention for... therapeutics games..."
http://www.thebodhanagroup.org/#!save-against-fear/vwm5g
Next event is October 14-16, 2016
Best Western Premier
Central Hotel & Conference Center
800 East Park Drive Harrisburg, PA 17111
Their email contact is through a web form on their front page:
http://www.thebodhanagroup.org/

Additional details for the previously mentioned upcoming conferences
below in context...

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 02:40:30 -0800
Hawke Robinson <rpgres...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,

> July 16th, 17th, & 18th, 2015 - Tolkien Moot XI -
> http://tolkienmoot.org

This takes place on the third weekend (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday) of
July each year. Spokane, Washington. tolki...@gmail.com
So the 2016 convention, Tolkien Moot XII, will be July 15th, 16th, &
17th.

> Scheduled for 2016:
> January 2016 - Northwest American Therapeutic Recreation Association,
> Portland, OR. Presentation on Innovative Therapies: Using Role-Playing
> Games as Intervention Modalities to Achieve Therapeutic & Educational
> Goals for Individuals & Groups from the Therapeutic Recreation
> Perspective

Pacific Northwest ATRA Annual Conference - Friday, January 29th, 2016.
http://www.pnwatra.org/
Good Samaritan Hospital, Portland, Oregon
pnw...@gmail.com

> May 2016 - Living Games Conference and Texas State University
> Pre-conference
> Speaking on panels and presentations.
> http://www.livinggamesconference.com/

May 19-22, 2016.