website for this group

Ted Skirvin

Dec 8, 2017, 12:16:07 PM12/8/17
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games

I know we had a website for CAR-PGa. I'm sure I have not visited that site in about a year. I can't find it now. Was there an announcement about shutting it down because I don't remember any such message?

Ted

Hawke Robinson

Dec 8, 2017, 1:02:50 PM12/8/17
to car...@googlegroups.com, Ted Skirvin
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 09:16:07 -0800 (PST)
"'Ted Skirvin' via CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of
The site is there, but looks like it might either be having a technical
issue, or may be having worse issues (php sites are notoriously insecure
without constant updating):

http://www.car-pga.org/
"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at /home/carpga/www.car-pga.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php:29)
in /home/carpga/www.car-pga.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 1248"

car-pga.org-20171208a.png

M. Alan Thomas II

Dec 26, 2017, 5:20:55 PM12/26/17
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games
Yeah, I'm the webmaster. It appears to have been infected. Again.

The current platform it's built on (PmWiki with AuthUser) is a bad one, but switching it to a static site would take work I've just not had the time or energy for (and anyone coming after me would probably not know how to update).

—Alan

Hawke Robinson

Dec 26, 2017, 7:43:07 PM12/26/17
to car...@googlegroups.com
I would gladly host it on my OpenBSD Plone server, no charge. Plone has
been a solid CMS for over 30 of my sites for many years.
If interested, let me know.
-Hawke
--
-Hawke Robinson
Washington State Department of Health Registered Recreation Therapist.

http://www.rpgresearch.com
Phone/Text: (509) 481-5437
Office and Postal Address
1312 N. Monroe Suite #114