Higher quality screenshots

Jason Ronallo

Jul 20, 2013, 10:39:39 AM7/20/13
to capybar...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to improve or control the quality of screenshots? I'm using capybara-webkit to advance through an HTML slideshow, take screenshots, and then combine the screenshots into a PDF. The problem is that the screenshot quality is too poor to be an adequate replacement for the HTML version of the slideshow.

The only other difference I see in the screenshots is that @font-face does not seem to have any effect. This is a lesser issue for me, but may be a problem for others who are trying to take screenshots for purposes other than testing.

Alternatively, anyone know another solution for automating driving an HTML slideshow with JavaScript and then capturing high quality screenshots? I've looked everywhere and using capybara has been the easiest and most reliable so far and capybara-webkit is giving less issues with the screenshot output that the selenium driver.

Thank you,

Jason

Matthew Mongeau

Jul 20, 2013, 2:03:03 PM7/20/13
to capybar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jason,

I'm pretty sure there's no current setting in capybara-webkit to do that. You could try changing this line:

return buffer.save(fileName, 0, 100);

and check to see if that improves the quality. I'm not sure what the default setting is offhand.

- Goose