CAS attributes as login ID

Christopher Bennell

Mar 18, 2015, 11:53:14 AM3/18/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I suspect the answer is "no", but it never hurts to ask: Is it possible to configure Canvas' CAS authentication to use the value of a <cas:attribute> element in the validation response as the user's login ID, rather than the value of the <cas:user> element?

Thanks.

Cody Cutrer

Mar 18, 2015, 1:36:33 PM3/18/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Christopher,

Canvas uses CAS 1.1 at the moment, which does not provide a full response, simply the username.

Cody Cutrer
Software Engineer
Instructure

--