Box inline preview is not working in my canvas lms instance

mhd zaid

Dec 8, 2017, 5:30:41 AM12/8/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I am using Open SourcevCanvas Self hosted LMS on Azure VM , but im facing this invalid token error when i tried to access the pdf document through inline preview .
Steps to reproduce the issue :
1 . Registered with box view and created a new (custom) application with standard oauth 2.0 according to this document : https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Canvas-Integration#box-view
2. after creating this application i got an api key at the end of edit page (in old box view developer console)
3. i pasted this api key on my application with base url as : https://view-api.box.com/1
4. Saved plugin successfully .
5. when i tried to embed a need pdf into my page and viewed through inline view it throws this error :
while(1);{"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred.","error_code":"internal_server_error"}],"error_report_id":20168}
I have attached the error screenshot for your reference .

Please can anybody explain me in details how to do it.

Best regards,

DV-RU

Jan 8, 2018, 7:40:22 AM1/8/18
to Canvas LMS Users
As I know, Box will close old Box View 15 Jan 2018 and will change API to new version. They disabled new registration of old Box View. So Base URL dont work now. I am working at installation of new Canvas release, because Box says that developers must change their API calls code to work with new Box API:
In order to use the new Box View, you will need to modify your application’s code to call the new Box View APIs instead of the Crocodoc or legacy Box View APIs
Read this Migration Guide and wait.