Where is the New Canvas UI/Global Navigation Menu?

biling...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2016, 2:45:23 AM8/20/16
to Canvas LMS Users
I just did the quick setup and I was surprised to see that the new UI/Global navigation menu was not in there (https://guides.instructure.com/m/4214/l/420898 ). I ran "git fetch && git pull --rebase" and it does say that I have the latest version.

Is it possible that they haven't released the new UI to github yet? Is there any workaround at the moment? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Simon Williams

Aug 20, 2016, 4:39:32 PM8/20/16
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it’s still an optional flag, just go to your account settings page, the feature flag tab, and it should be an option there to enable.

Simon

--

---

Red Debotts

Apr 19, 2017, 11:38:21 AM4/19/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I did not see the option to activate the help menu on the Global Navigation.  Is this something to do with my version.  I just recently installed canvas.  Thanks

Graham Ballantyne

Apr 19, 2017, 1:03:18 PM4/19/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
The "new UI" is no longer behind a feature flag, it's on by default. The help menu should be there by default as well; it's customizable in your account settings.
--
Graham Ballantyne
IT Services

Red Debotts

Apr 19, 2017, 1:38:39 PM4/19/17
to Canvas LMS Users, gra...@sfu.ca

I still dont see it.... am i looking at the wrong place?  this is what I see...

Graham Ballantyne

Apr 19, 2017, 2:13:20 PM4/19/17
to Red Debotts, Canvas LMS Users
Hmm, it should be there. If you scroll down in the settings page, do you see an option to customize the help menu?

Do you have any custom JS or CSS loaded that might be hiding that menu item?

Red Debotts

Apr 19, 2017, 3:19:32 PM4/19/17
to Canvas LMS Users, bloodya...@gmail.com, gra...@sfu.ca
Nothing,  I havent really customized much from the day I installed it.