After finishing all config, I cannot run localhost successfully

nju.wang...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2015, 3:09:41 AM1/15/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I have followed the  Production Start guide totally, and When I type website address with  localhost, I cannot get the write page , it shows like below; I wonder has anyone met the same problem and how to fix it? Thank you

Ruby (Rack) application could not be started

These are the possible causes:
  • There may be a syntax error in the application's code. Please check for such errors and fix them.
  • A required library may not installed. Please install all libraries that this application requires.
  • The application may not be properly configured. Please check whether all configuration files are written correctly, fix any incorrect configurations, and restart this application.
  • A service that the application relies on (such as the database server or the Ferret search engine server) may not have been started. Please start that service.

Further information about the error may have been written to the application's log file. Please check it in order to analyse the problem.
Error message:
syntax error on line 13, col 0: `test:'
Exception class:
ArgumentError
Application root:
/var/canvas
Backtrace:
# File Line Location
0 /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/syck.rb 178 in `load'
1 /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/syck.rb 178 in `parse'
2 /var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/safe_yaml-instructure-0.8.0/lib/safe_yaml.rb 76 in `safe_load'
3 /var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/safe_yaml-instructure-0.8.0/lib/safe_yaml.rb 27 in `load_with_options'
4 /var/canvas/lib/config_file.rb 45 in `load'
5 /var/canvas/lib/canvas.rb 91 in `block in cache_stores'
6 /var/canvas/lib/canvas.rb 69 in `each'
7 /var/canvas/lib/canvas.rb 69 in `cache_stores'
8 /var/canvas/config/environments/cache_store.rb 11 in `block in '
9 /var/canvas/config/environments/production.rb 18 in `eval'
10 /var/canvas/config/environments/production.rb 18 in `block in '
11 /var/canvas/config/environment.rb 3 in `block in environment_configuration'
12 /var/canvas/vendor/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/railties-3.2.21/lib/rails/railtie/configurable.rb 24 in `class_eval'
and much more like these informations

Christopher Bennell

Jan 15, 2015, 10:21:16 AM1/15/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com, nju.wang...@gmail.com
This looks like a syntax error in one of your config .yml files (possibly cache_store.yml, or redis.yml?).

Take a close look at the config files that you've edited, or pass them through a YAML validator

Frank Vazquez

Aug 24, 2015, 5:21:21 PM8/24/15
to Canvas LMS Users
I was getting this same error and found it was because of the example version of redis.yml contains an uncommented line, database: 1 under the test section.
Commented out the line and now i'm getting a completely different error (which hopefully means i've moved past it)