Canvas install issues xmlsec1 problem

Roger Pearson

Jul 18, 2016, 5:09:15 AM7/18/16
to Canvas LMS Users
I've been trying to install Canvas on Centos 6.8 for several weeks now without success.
I have tried to start again and I keep getting an error with the bundle install.
It fails on nokogiri-xmlsec-me-harder with an xmlsec1 error.
I have had both xmlsec1-config can't be found and package configuration for xmlsec1 is not found.
xmlsec1 is installed, as is libxslt and xmlsec-openssl.

This is somewhat out of my sphere of expertise so a simple explanation as to what I need to do would be most helpful!

I'm using Ruby 2.3 & Postgres 9.4

TIA,
Roger

Roger Pearson

Jul 18, 2016, 5:12:13 AM7/18/16
to Canvas LMS Users
I should have added that I'm trying to follow the Production start instructions on the github wiki