Crocdoc now Boxview API

digido...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2014, 12:05:25 PM7/9/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've got the latest Canvas OSS version installed and working. To enable annotations I tried to sign up for a Crocdoc account and was told that it was now BoxView and that I would no longer be able to create a new account to get an API token. Failing that I enabled the Canvadocs plugin using the BoxView API key that I created at developer.box.net and sure enough it is rendering my documents.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that annotations work with this plugin. Does anyone know how to
a) Enable annotations using boxview/Canvadocs

or

b) Suggest how I might connect to the old Crocdocs

or

c) Suggest a different plugin I should use.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

pba...@cognella.com

Sep 18, 2014, 4:48:12 PM9/18/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

I am facing the same issues. Have you found a solution or a workaround?

thanks,
Pooja

Doug Stevens

Sep 20, 2014, 8:24:05 PM9/20/14
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
No sorry. Not yet.

Richard

Jun 27, 2015, 6:08:23 PM6/27/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have any updates to this? Is there any other way to get annotations working?

Thx

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 2:24:05 AM UTC+2, Doug Stevens wrote:
No sorry. Not yet.

Singer Coats

Sep 6, 2015, 2:33:29 PM9/6/15
to Canvas LMS Users
What is the STATUS of annotations? What is Instructure doing about this? Why doesnt BOX issue API keys until they can RESPONSIBLY assimilate Crocodoc?
Doesnt anyone else have this problem? Is there like 10 people total running Canvas Open Source?

Alex Lymar

Sep 7, 2015, 4:46:00 AM9/7/15
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi all,

Does anybody have update on this issue? We have used Canvas LMS origin/stable/2015-08-08 and tried to integrate it with Crocodoc plugin.We have registered on https://app.box.com , created new Box Application and get API Key. This key we used on Crocodoc's plugin settings.
Whenever we opened file for annotation we got alert message: "Crocodoc is still processing this document." and Crocodoc's toolbar did not appear.

May be someone has successful experiment to configure Crocodoc plugin + Canvas please advise.
Thanks.

Singer Coats

Oct 6, 2015, 6:33:45 PM10/6/15
to Canvas LMS Users
I can't believe no one has figured this out.  What the heck will all hosted Canvas users do when Crocodoc hits end of life.
I talked to someone at BOX, they don't know anything about how long it will take to get back to square one with Box API including annotations.  That is really irresponsible of Box. I can't believe Instructure hasn't addressed this....they don't care for some reason.

I can't find any evidence that Box or Instructure have any plans to fix this in the forseeable future.  My recommendation is to try and integrate a 3rd party annotation in with BOX then use the CanvasDocs plugin.

On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 1:46:00 AM UTC-7, Alex Lymar wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody have update on this issue? We have used Canvas LMS origin/stable/2015-08-08 and tried to integrate it with Crocodoc plugin.We have registered on https://app.box.com , created new Box Application and get API Key. This key we used on Crocodoc's plugin settings.
Whenever we opened file for annotation we got alert message: "Crocodoc is still processing this document." and Crocodoc's toolbar did not appear.

Sonya de Jager

Jan 15, 2017, 2:45:38 PM1/15/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi all! I spent two days going through hell getting canvas installed - the main feature we need is the online pdf annotation.

Does anyone have a solution or perhaps another plugin?

If we can't get this functionality from canvas then we'll have to go back to Moodle :( At least they offer the pdf annotation assignment.

Cheers,