How can install Canvas with CentOS + Nginx

Sebastián Pizarro

Nov 30, 2016, 4:53:41 PM11/30/16
to Canvas LMS Users
I tried install Canvas in my dedicated server nevetheless my operative system is CentOS with Nginx. For that Canvas works is necesary install Passenger causing problems with all dependencies the other sites hosted in this server furthermore the other problems with the dependecies of Ruby. Is possible install Canvas in CentOS avoid affect other sites

Regards
Sebastián

Aurelien Petit

Dec 11, 2016, 11:41:39 PM12/11/16
to Canvas LMS Users
Hey Sebastian,
I reading that:
"For that Canvas works is necesary install Passenger causing problems with all dependencies the other sites hosted in this server furthermore the other problems with the dependecies of Ruby."
Why is that?
If passenger bothers you, you can make it run with unicorn as well.
And the problem with dependencies of Ruby? Don't you use RVM or RBENV? If yes that shouldn't be the case.
You should perfectly be able to install canvas without impacting any other sites on your server on many Linux distribution I believe.
Best,
Aurelien