How do I access the Rails console to change LaTeX renderer URL?

wiki...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2017, 12:57:41 AM9/29/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I need to change codecogs LaTeX renderer URL, which works terribly at the moment. Customization instructions from here: https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Settings-(customization) suggest to change it with rails console, but it's impossible to follow instructons on rails console from this link: https://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/wiki/Troubleshooting as paths for production don't exist at all for Ubuntu 16.04.

wiki...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2017, 1:27:13 AM9/29/17
to Canvas LMS Users
The issue is resolved. Just do the following as root:

cd /var/www/canvas
sudo apt install ruby-railties
sudo
-u canvasuser RAILS_ENV=production rails console

where you have to do appropriate ajustments: change '/var/www/canvas' to your Canvas LMS production installation directory and 'canvasuser' to your actual user.

пʼятниця, 29 вересня 2017 р. 07:57:41 UTC+3 користувач wiki...@gmail.com написав: