weird landing on first launch

b0rgBart

Jun 23, 2015, 11:10:23 AM6/23/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks -
I think I finally got a successful install (using the GetStarted Script)...
I went to LocalHost:3000 in my browser
I Logged In.
I Clicked the checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service.
I clicked the Submit button.

Then, instead of getting an actual page in the app,  I was routed to:

which displayed this in the browser (I've just replaced the actual email used with "..." for the purposes of this discussion group):

while(1);{"id":1,"name":"...","sortable_name":"...","short_name":"...","login_id":"...","locale":null,"permissions":{"can_update_name":true,"can_update_avatar":false}}

any ideas?

Shawn Iverson

Jun 23, 2015, 11:13:59 AM6/23/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing this on safari using an iPad at the moment....trying to figure out why this is happening.

--

---

Shawn Iverson
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools

Simon Williams

Jul 3, 2015, 10:24:07 AM7/3/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we are currently investigating this issue, it seems to have something to do with assets not completely loading on the page.  In the meantime though to get you up and running, you can run Setting.set('terms_required', 'false') from your rails console, which will bypass the check for terms of service.  Sorry for the trouble!

Simon