Failed to install ~/canvas$ $GEM_HOME/bin/bundle install --without mysql

Keya Imtiaj

Aug 24, 2015, 1:59:36 PM8/24/15
to Canvas LMS Users
Hello,

Hope you are doing fine.
I am facing a lot of problem while configuring canvas using ubuntu 14.04

Step 1:

When I execute the following command
$ mkdir ~/.gems
$ export GEM_HOME=~/.gems

Step 2:
It was showing unable to export then I use sudo export GEM_HOME=~/.gems
I also used the following command

$ sudo gem install bundler -v 1.10.3

Step 3:
after that when I use the following command

~$ cd canvas
~/canvas$ $GEM_HOME/bin/bundle install --without mysql the application is throwing
bash:
/bin/bundle : No such file or directory

Please help me out with this I am not a linux user but need this help to configure canvas

Graham Ballantyne

Aug 25, 2015, 12:40:22 AM8/25/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
$GEM_HOME/bin/bundle means that you're trying to run the command ~/.gems/bin/bundle which doesn't exist. You want to run something like `bundle install --path ~/.gems --without mysql`

— Graham

On Aug 24, 2015, at 10:59, Keya Imtiaj <keyac...@gmail.com> wrote:

$GEM_HOME/bin/bundle

sewak deshmukh