How to get api-key from app.box for canvadocs

SARATHKUMAR

May 31, 2017, 2:09:22 AM5/31/17
to Canvas LMS Users
I need to use box file viewer as default.

Canvas integration doc saying like below.
Plugin configuration also need Api key.

But I could not be able to find any "API key" from box application.  Can you please help me to configure this with detailed steps?

SARATHKUMAR

May 31, 2017, 6:03:51 AM5/31/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Currently I am facing an error in viewer like "while(1);{"errors":[{"message":"An error occurred.","error_code":"internal_server_error"}],"error_report_id":129}" . Actually it is a 404 error.

mhd zaid

Dec 8, 2017, 5:32:36 AM12/8/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Im also having same issue if anybody has a solution please help us

DV-RU

Dec 13, 2017, 8:11:11 AM12/13/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Same problem. What can we do???

DV-RU

Jan 8, 2018, 7:47:11 AM1/8/18
to Canvas LMS Users
New information:
As I know, Box will close old Box View 15 Jan 2018 and will change API to new version. They disabled new registration of old Box View. So Base URL dont work now. I am working at installation of new Canvas release, because Box says that developers must change their API calls code to work with new Box API:
In order to use the new Box View, you will need to modify your application’s code to call the new Box View APIs instead of the Crocodoc or legacy Box View APIs
You must create App with App Token (Server Authentication) in developer Console.
Read this Migration Guide and wait. Also Box will require that all documents must be uploaded to account storage to generate preview. I think we will face new problems and will pay money)

mhd zaid

Jan 9, 2018, 12:05:59 AM1/9/18
to Canvas LMS Users
Thanks for sharing info..