Re: [Canvas] Digest for canvas-lms-users@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 3 topics

Jorge Pazmiño

Nov 26, 2015, 9:22:24 AM11/26/15
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi help please, I have a canvas-lms installation in ubuntu 14.04 32 bits, localhost:3000 all run good!!!... but dont change lenguage to spanish or any other lenguage out english, I don´t now why????... Help please!!!... Installation  I18nliner but get some error.

Pritpal Riat <riat.p...@gmail.com>: Nov 25 02:59PM -0800

I think I had a similar issue when I installed redis. The problem was
because one of cache_store lines in the redis.yml/cache_store.yml files was
still commented and that caused my issue. I had to install redis on my
quick start installation of canvas so I could use oauth2 authentication.
Other than that, I don't know what redis is used for.

On Thursday, 19 November 2015 20:10:18 UTC, Jim Picariello wrote:
Pritpal Riat <riat.p...@gmail.com>: Nov 25 02:50PM -0800

Hi,

I have been trying to add OAuth2 authentication to my web app so that users
can log in using there canvas credentials. I have managed to implement that
successfully. However, I have noticed that when a user is redirected to the
canvas authorization page, there is not checkbox option to remember their
authorization. I don't know what the problem could be. I don't think its my
implementation of OAuth as I pasted the authorization url in my browser to
test it and the check box still didn't appear. Could it be some setting or
something disabled on my canvas installation?

Thanks
Dave Gynn <dave...@gmail.com>: Nov 25 12:32AM -0800

I was running into this a lot today too. The BroadcastPolicy is hanging on
to cached Notification model objects that get loaded during initialization.

You could try this... Update your config/initializers/broadcast_policy.rb
to add...

Rails.configuration.to_prepare do
BroadcastPolicy.notifier = Notifier.new
BroadcastPolicy.notification_finder = NotificationFinder.new
end

Or that could also go in config/environments/development-local.rb so you
wouldn't have to modify an existing file.