Compiled assets wrong rev hash

Christopher Bennell

Dec 8, 2017, 2:57:52 PM12/8/17
to Canvas LMS Users
Hi Folks,
What does it mean when my Canvas is trying to load compiled assets, but using the wrong rev hash? For example, my staging instance is trying to load dist/fonts/instructure_icons/Line/InstructureIcons-Line-80710a8d6b.woff, but the file in that folder is called InstructureIcons-Line-8140214325.woff.

The staging DB is copied over from production every week. Is there something in the DB that needs to be updated to make this work properly? Am I doing canvas:compile_assets wrong? I tried re-saving the theme, but that didn't help.

Thanks.

Shawn Iverson

Dec 8, 2017, 3:22:30 PM12/8/17
to canvas-l...@googlegroups.com
Did you run "RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake brand_configs:generate_and_upload_all" ?

--

---

Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools

Christopher Bennell

Christopher Bennell

Jan 9, 2018, 10:59:00 AM1/9/18
to Canvas LMS Users
Instructure, any insight here? Thanks.

ryankshaw

Jan 9, 2018, 12:35:05 PM1/9/18
to Canvas LMS Users
what about if you run "RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake canvas:compile_assets"?

Christopher Bennell

Jan 10, 2018, 10:51:14 AM1/10/18
to Canvas LMS Users
That is also part of my deploy process. I run that just before brand_configs:generate_and_upload_all